The GCSE in Russian course aims at helping students to achieve a decent level of speaking, writing and reading Russian in order to be able to pass the exam in year 2016/17 ( dependent on individual progress).
The Russian GCSE course covers a range of topics, including history and modern society, media and culture; Sport and leisure; travel and tourism; Business, work and employment; Customer services and transactions; Personal information; and Future plans, education and work and more. Some of these topics may be familiar to some of the students from previous studies but they will learn to deal with more advanced vocabulary and linguistic structures when speaking, writing, reading or listening.
During the studies the students are encouraged to make practical use of their newly acquired language skills as well as make proper use of the grammar needed to express themselves clearly and accurately which also helps them to achieve the highest scores at Russian GCSE exams.
- to get familiar with the topical vocabulary;
- to learn cases and grammatical structures of each of three tenses (present, past, future)
- to know how to use tenses to enhance reading and writing;
- to be able to hold a discussion based on learnt vocabulary;
- to know how to prepare for picture-based speaking tasks;
- to know how to use knowledge of grammar to complete gap-fill tasks;
- to be able to express simple opinions in order to provide required comparisons ( e.g. town versus countryside);
- to learn cardinal, ordinal numbers, days of week and how to say time;
- to know how to prepare for general conversation and presentation speaking test tasks;
- to learn how to express complex ideas in simple language;
At the beginning of the course the candidates become familiar with the test dates and requirements, the marking system, the required vocabulary.
Each next lesson starts with the revision of the previous topic, homework check and teacher's answers to any raised questions. At the end of the class the students are given their homework - written and oral assignments, that comprise an important part of the exam preparation process.
The students are expected to work hard at home, prepare for their lessons in a timely and responsible manner. All the necessary knowledge to pass the test will be given during the studies, but it is up to a student whether he uses it to their best advantage.
Necessary support is provided outside the Russian school hours as well: feel free to contact a teacher to ask a question or for piece of advice via email.
Your goal is our goal. We are here to help you to succeed.
GCSE CLASS STRUCTURE
The classes are structured in such a way that help students to cover one of the key questions (topics) at a time in order to achieve the desired outcomes
RUSSIAN GCSE ASSESSMENT
The exam is taken externally and is constructed by the four major parts including Reading and listening, when the candidates will require to answer a number of questions following their reading or listening; Writing, when the students will be asked to compose several paragraphs in response to the questions they get on their choice of topics; and Speaking when the students will have to speak for up to 10min as well as describe certain things and answer questions.
More information on the specifics of the test will be given at the first lesson.